Post 08: English Language Challenges

First, I wish to thank Miss Rosa for what she has done during the semester, her positive attitude, flexibility, support words as well as feedback regarding our work, were a crucial to helped us to feel more at ease, despite the pandemic context. It’s impressive that even though we only had online classes and she couldn't saw us in person, she always asked if we if understood everything or if we had questions left, she continuously encouraged us to participate but never force us. Due to all of that I believe her actions prove how passionate and thoughtful she is.

This subject has been an experience full of challenges and constant learning, it made me to achieve a new English level, in relation to my grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. However, above everything else thanks to the week post, my writing has evolved a lot. I’m happy we were able to express ourselves through the blog by topics based on our opinions and personal experience, the platform was quite practical and dynamic.

Although I feel I’m capable to write better, I still have a long way to go, especially on my grammar, because I usually know how to speak or write in English, but I don’t understand why, I just follow what I think is right. Because of that I’ll study and work harder, through practice with sentences that use different conjugation, and as a mean to expand my vocabulary I’m also going to read more books and news in English. Nevertheless, what I learnt this semester will be always useful.

I often use English in my house, luckily for me my siblings learnt English when they were younger so we usually can talk and understand each other, that’s why sometimes is more suitable to speak English than Chilean, since there are words or expressions that can’t be accurately translated to Chilean, like “overwhelmed”, “on edge”, “triggered”, etc. So, along my siblings we watch movies or TV shows with English subtitles considering we may learn vocabulary, slangs, and train our hearing. I’d say it’s considerably helpful and entertaining.





Comentarios