Post 1: A Country I would like to visit

Since I was very young the idea of travelling is appealing to me, because when you visit places that you have never been before it makes you feel a mixture of nerves and excitment, and if you are captivated by the site you visit you’ll feel pure bliss, making you catch new scents and views that are not easy to forget, you may even meet people with differents customs. Luckly I had the opportunity to visit amazing parts of my country, but even if I still have some places in mind to go, my bucket list before turn 30 has my top goal. Wich is, to save enough money to travel to Japan, and that being the case go to all the places I can possible afford.

Why? would people ask, why go to a country where you can't speak Chilean or another dialect from Spanish?, well, in fact that is the reason why, you can't speak or act like you normally would, after all is a completly diffrent country from another continent.

Japan has thousand of years of an extensive and overwhelming amount of history, plus it contains a peculiar type of language, traditions and habits that are rarely seen in occident.

I want to be in at this place with the objective to obtain knowledge about a culture very different from mine, with beautiful places and old traditions, were the attitud is more polite, the honor is a strong value and it’s language is pretty outstanding. Therefore being able to meet the reality of the people who live there, in the cities or the countryside.

Moreover, despite the long of it's history, Japan still posses things from it's past, like the language. Modern Japanese is written in a mixture of three basic scripts: Kanji - which are Chinese ideographic symbols- as well as Hiragana and Katakana -two phonetic alphabets (syllables)-. There are thousand of characters in Kanji, meanwhile both Hiragana and Katakana have only 46 characters.

Their country is also distinguish as a result of the age of their cities, they have structures with hundread of years, such as castles and pagodas with an arquitecture that proves how antique they are.

In a way japanese people are very different from us, for example they don't greet eachother as people of Latin America does. Before the beginning of the pandemic in Chile we used to kiss on the cheek and hug to greet or say goodbye, however, they are not really a skin type of people as we are, they usually bow to greet strangers or persons that are no close to them, and even if they are close it's odd to see them being expressives in public. Although in a sad way we are also alike, both of our countries are seismic and have gone through terrible situations because of it (losses, destruction).

Regardless all the problems I might have to get to Japan, I’ll specifically  like to know Tokyo (go to the Skytree), then see the Mount Fuji on Honshu Island, also Uminonakamichi Seaside Park on Fukuoka and explore to the fullest Kyoto. Futhermore I'll love to be able to visit the 12 original castles that are left in Japan (the mayority of them were rebuild due to earthquakes, air attacks, fires, etc). Finally I'll be thankful and honor if I have the chance to visit Hiroshima Memorial Park and Nagasaki Peace Park.

It’s even posible that everything I think I know about Japan is utterly wrong, but I would like to confirm by myself what I’ll be able to see if I go there.

I'll be enourmosly happy if a have the chance to go study abroad (specially in Japan) but my Japanese it’s not so good, I don't know how to read, write or speak correctly, nonetheless I believe I can survive with the little that I know after all. Despite everything I think It can become an excelent experience.

 

Comentarios